Residents learn to plan their own meals, to maintain a home, in addition to being educated in basic child care skills.
Our volunteers help residents to navigate the local housing market and secure future housing.
We support residents in attaining their GED as well as earning college credits.
Mary’s Shelter, acting as facilitator, will:
- Secure necessary housing
- Coordinate benefits with local government agencies
- Help with transportation needs
- Provide Education and Employment assistance
- Counsel in mothering skills
For each woman supported, Mary’s Shelter seeks to achieve:
- Prenatal Care
- A Welcomed Baby
- Successful completion of GED program, if needed
- Completion of prenatal, parenting, and life skills training
- Transition to independence
- Job security
Become a Volunteer Today!