In case you missed this year’s Annual Summer Soiree and Fundraiser, here is our 2018 featured video.
Mary’s Shelter provides an expectant mother, and any additional children she may have, with housing for up to three years in order to further her education and/or secure employment. She must receive counseling, attend in-house parenting and life-skill classes and adhere to the program covenants which offer structure, self-discipline and guidance.
Each resident is blessed with a mentor who provides hands-on support, compassion and encouragement. This foundation ensures that our mothers have the necessary time and tools to work toward their goals and provide for their children, making the possibility of independent living a reality.
- Cultivate and communicate an awareness of God’s love for each unique person
- Ensure the health of mother and baby
- Inspire self-respect and personal motivation
- Develop confident, loving and positive parenting
- Foster a successful transition to independent living
“How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers.”
—St. Teresa of Calcutta